DCFDW Newsletter 11-17-2016
Many thanks to Pat Bitondo, Linda Jefferson, Diane Martin, Jeannette Mobley, Gwendolyn Smart, and Windy Carson Smith for traveling to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania in support of the PA Federation Awards Brunch Chairperson, Dr. Carolyn Collins; and the PA Federation President, Gwen Collins.
* Join the Ward 4 Democrats as they celebrate two superlative DCFDW members at their Annual Ethel Delaney Lee Dinner tomorrow, Friday, November 18th at 6 pm at the St. George Antiochian Church Ballroom located at 4335 16th Street, NW. We’re very proud our members who will be honored:
- Mayor Muriel Bowser with the “President’s Award of Excellence”
- Ms. Ella Creech Peete will receive the “Woman of the Year” Award;
- Ms. Theresa Cusick, Esq. will be honored with the “Joan Thomas Spirit Award” named for Mrs. Joan Thomas, a long-term, outstanding Ward 4 and long-term DCFDW member.
Tickets are $85.00 each or $75 for persons over 65. Checks should be made payable to “Ward 4 Democrats” and hand-delivered to the event or paid via credit card through Eventbrite, https://w4demsedldinner.eventbrite.com. You can email your interest in tickets to: Ms. Karen Parker at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The DCFDW’s Theme for the Year is “Building Bridges – Taking Action.” We have some exciting plans for the 2016-2017 Program Year, but we need volunteers to put the plans into action!! Please let us know if you’d like to chair or be a member of the Annual Luncheon, Legislative Summit or Women in Blue committee.
* The Next DCFDW Meeting will be on Monday, December 12 from 6:45 to 8:30 pm at the Wilson Building. Officers and committee chairpersons are asked to bring written reports to help move the meeting quickly. We plan will have an invited guest speaker and a light potluck. Please RSVP your participation to me at (202) 491-9245.
* The Metropolitan Democratic Women’s Club will have its Annual Holiday Party at 6:30 pm on Wednesday, December 14, 2016 at 5501 14th Street, NW 20011. For information, contact: Wycarsonsmith@gmail.com.
What: 2016 Ward 4 Democrats Ethel Delaney Lee Dinner
Leader of our City’s Democratic Party Mayor Muriel Bowser with the “President’s Award of Excellence”; and The Honorable Sterling Tucker and Ms. Ella Peete; respectively as “Man of Year”, as “Woman of the Year” and and Theresa Cusick, Esq. with the “Joan Thomas Spirit Award”.
Proceeds for the event will be used to provide scholarships to college-bound high school students residing in Ward 4 and for the overall operations of the Ward 4 Democrats of Washington, DC. Since 1975, the Ward 4 Democrats have been conducting the affairs of the Democratic Party in Ward 4 through monthly meetings, administering forums, and through voter education and registration activities. Visit www.ward4democratsdc.org for more information on the Ward 4.
Official – Transitory